Rice Cooking TipsTweet
Handy Hints for Low Protein Rice
How to cook Loprofin Rice
- Make sure the water is boiling vigorously.
- Add a little oil to the pan.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute until the water is brought back to the boil.
- Stir the rice every couple of minutes, as it is likely to stick and clump together, so needs to be kept moving around in the water.
- Once rice is cooked, after 8-10 minutes, drain straight away.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water, this will stop it sticking together.
Loprofin Rice is also great to use as a risotto. Try one of our great risotto recipes!
Tips for Re-heating Rice
- If storing cooked rice in the fridge, keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- You could also freeze portions for another time. Freeze rice portions with 1 tsp oil. To cook from frozen, let it defrost then follow step 3 below.
- To re-heat rice:
- Place the cooked rice into a sandwich bag with 1 tsp olive oil and herbs of your choice (optional).
- Move the oil around the rice in the bag.
- Heat in the microwave for 1½ minutes.