PKU Anamix Junior – to be phased out 1st December 2015
PKU Anamix Junior is a popular phenylalanine-free (Phe-free) powdered drink mix for use in the dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU).
It is suitable for children aged 1 to 10 years and can be made into a spoonable paste or convenient drink. Available in an Unflavoured or a Pineapple/Vanilla flavour.
A Food for Special Medical Purposes. Only to be used under strict medical supervision.
Download the PKU Anamix Junior Fact Sheet
Directions for Use
- Your dietitian will advise you of your daily requirements
- PKU Anamix Junior is best served as a chilled drink or paste, made up with cold water
- Recommended dilution is 29g powder (one sachet) with 100ml water
- To prepare:
- Measure 100ml water
- Mix the contents of one sachet with a small amount of measured water to make a paste
- Continue stirring while adding the remaining water
- Or prepare by shaking:
- Pour 100ml cold water into a container with a screw top lid
- Empty the contents of the sachet into the container
- Seal and shake well until the powder is dissolved
- PKU Anamix Junior can be taken in a more concentrated form (e.g. made with less water). If so, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time.
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Once reconstituted, store in a refrigerator and use within 24 hours
- Contains Phe-free protein (amino acids), carbohydrate, fat and essential vitamins and minerals to support healthy growth and development
- An easy transition from PKU Anamix Infant
- A little provides a lot! Each 29g sachet provides 8.4g protein equivalent per serve
- Ideal to use while traveling as an alternative to liquids
- Must only be consumed by individuals with proven phenylketonuria while under strict medical supervision
- Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition
- Not for parenteral use
- Diet must be supplemented with natural protein and other nutrients in medically prescribed quantities to supply the phenylalanine and general nutrition requirements
If you would like more information about PKU Anamix Junior, please speak to your dietitian.