A flavourless tablet, phenylalanine-free for use in the dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU) in children aged 8 years and over and adults.
A Food for Special Medical Purposes. Only to be used under strict medical supervision.
Phlexy-10 Tablets is available on prescription through PHARMAC.
Download the Phlexy-10 Tablets Fact Sheet
Directions for Use
- Your dietitian will advise you of your daily requirements
- Take your recommended number of Phlexy-10 Tablets with plenty of fluid
Note: Phlexy-10 Tablets do not contain vitamins, minerals or trace elements. It is essential that these nutrients are supplied separately. Your dietitian can recommend a multivitamin or supplement brand.
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Once opened, reseal container and store in a cool, dry place (not in a refrigerator) and use within one month
- Ten tablets contain 8.3g of protein equivalent
- Contains a balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids (Phe-free protein)
- Requires an additional source of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
- Must only be consumed by individuals with proven phenylketonuria while under strict medical supervision
- Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition
- Not suitable for infants under one year of age
- Not for parenteral use
- Diet must be supplemented with natural protein and other nutrients in medically prescribed quantities to supply the phenylalanine and general nutrition requirements
If you would like more information about Phlexy-10 Tablets or are interested in trying it, please speak to your dietitian.