Loprofin Rice is a low protein rice, made from a blend of rice, maize and potato starches. Perfect for all your favourite rice dishes, including risotto and biriyani!
A food for special medical purposes for use in the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Only to be used under strict medical supervision.
Loprofin Rice is available on prescription through PHARMAC.
Download the Loprofin Pasta and Rice Fact Sheet
Directions for Use
Check out our recipe collection for heaps of delicious recipe ideas. You can also share your own rice recipes!
The Loprofin Rice cooks in less than 10 minutes. For basic preparation:
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 litres of water to the boil
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- When the water is boiling vigorously, add 75g of dry rice and stir continuously until the water returns to the boil
- Boil continuously for approximately 8-10 minutes or until just softened, stirring occasionally
- Drain and rinse as required
- Store unopened in a cool, dry place (out of direct sunlight) for up to 24 months
- Once opened, store in an airtight container
- Ideal for an alternative to low protein pasta
- Perfect for risottos, salads or curries
- Dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders
- Other medical conditions where a low protein diet is indicated
- Must be used under strict medical supervision
- Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition