Our Commitment to Privacy
At Nutricia Limited (Nutricia) we respect your privacy and are committed to managing and protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information about you such as your name, age, gender, date of birth, contact details and records of your dealings with Nutricia. Personal information also includes:
- details about your health and medical information (such as your medical history); and
- credit-related information (such as your credit history, trade references, credit reports, any credit rating or credit assessment derived from a credit report).
Our purposes for collecting and handling personal information
You authorise Nutricia to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you, or a patient of yours, with our products and services;
- to interact with you and carry out transactions with you (including processing and delivering orders, and through the Nutricia Customer Care Line and Nutricia Clinical Care Line);
- to decide whether or not to accept you as a personal guarantor of a business to which we may supply our products on credit, or to exercise that guarantee if there has been a credit default;
- to collect payments and debts;
- to conduct marketing, research and promotional activities;
- for internal business, accounting, IT, record keeping and administration purposes;
- to send you information about our products or services;
- any purposes permitted by law, subject to the Privacy Act;
- any other purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented;
- any purpose you would otherwise reasonably expect; or
- to otherwise manage and conduct our business in general.
Collecting personal information
You authorise Nutricia to collect your personal information both through its interactions with you and from third parties, for example:
- when you register for programs to receive our products and support services through the recommendation of your healthcare professional, health facility or otherwise;
- when we communicate with you by telephone, mail, email, such as when we communicate through the Nutricia Customer Care Line, the Nutricia Clinical Care Line or the Nutricia At Home Service);
- when you provide your personal information when using the Nutricia website, any of the Nutricia smart phone apps and social media platforms, such as the Facebook pages owned by Nutricia ; and
- when you participate in our marketing campaigns and activities, such as surveys, promotions or competitions.
Using and sharing personal information
You authorise us to use your personal information to provide you with information about our products or services that we think may be of interest to you, include via email, SMS or post. If you no longer wish to receive this information, please contact us on 0800 636 228, or click the ‘opt out’ link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive.
We will never sell your personal information to another person. However, we may share your personal information with third parties to assist in providing you with our products or services. Third parties may include:
- your healthcare professional, health facility, carer, parent or legal guardian;
- credit reporting bodies and your prospective credit providers or financiers;
- our service providers, including for warehousing and distribution services, IT services, insurance, finance, etc;
- our related companies and other business partners;
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities; and
- any other person as permitted by law.
As a company with international links, Nutricia may disclose your personal information outside New Zealand to parts of our company group in Australia, United Kingdom and the Netherlands. We seek to ensure that any overseas entity to which we disclose personal information complies with relevant requirements under the Privacy Act.
Nutricia holds personal information in both paper-based and electronic records. Electronic information is stored on secure servers owned by Nutricia and through third party service providers. We seek to ensure that personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Nutricia’s employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information confidentially. Additionally, we only retain personal information for so long as it is reasonably needed for the purpose for which it was collected, or as long as we are required by law to hold it. Thereafter, steps are taken to ensure destruction or de-identification of that information.
This website collects information about visitors through cookies. Cookies are small data files that will be collected in your web browser in order to track visiting information.
Cookies store information you provide in forms (including your name and email), as well as your browsing preferences, so that our systems recognise them for next time you visit and this enables us to customise our website for you based on your browsing history. For example, our disclaimers should only appear once in 24 hours for each user. This information is based on your IP address, as well as information you provide by filling out forms.
If you do not wish to have cookies in your computer, you may configure your web browser to reject cookies or you may manually choose to delete cookies that have already been stored. If you do so, however, you will have to fill out all forms on the website every time you visit and disclaimers will appear each time you visit.
Health and children’s information
We will only collect health information from you, or about you with your consent, and use such information in accordance with relevant privacy laws and Codes. By supplying health information you will be taken to have given your consent to our collection of that information.
When we obtain personal information about any individual from a third party we will comply with the relevant privacy legislation at all times. A parent or guardian may contact us at any time if they would like us to amend, update or delete information relating to their child.
You may use this website without providing us with personal information, however as noted above, this may limit your ability to access certain functions via the Website. Where you choose to identify yourself for the purposes of purchasing a product or communicating with us, we require that you do not use a pseudonym.
Accessing and requesting correction of personal information
You may contact Nutricia to access and/or request correction to the personal information that we hold about you via:
- Email: email@example.com with “Privacy” in the subject line of the email;
- Mail: Privacy Officer, PO Box 62-523, Greenlane, Auckland 1546 ; or
- Phone: 0800 636 228.
If your access request relates to credit related information, you should call 0800 688 747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the rare occasions when Nutricia refuses access, we will provide you a written notice stating our reasons for the refusal in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information we hold about you.
If you consider that the personal information we hold about you is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete, you may request the correction of the information by:
- for corrections to your customer account: contacting our Nutricia Customer Care Line on 0800 688 747; or
- for corrections to your online accounts: by changing the relevant personal information at any time by logging into your personal account; or
- for general corrections: contacting us on the details provided above.
Where you request it to do so, Nutricia will correct personal information if it is satisfied that the corrections are necessary to ensure that the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. We note that Nutricia is not obliged to correct any of your personal information in certain situations but Nutricia is required. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing in accordance with provisions of the Privacy Act. If a correction is sought but not made, you are entitled to request that a statement to this effect is attached to the relevant information.
Questions and complaints
If you have concerns or a complaint about how we treat your personal information, please submit your complaint in writing via:
- Email: email@example.com with “Privacy” in the subject line of the email; or
- Mail: Privacy Officer, PO Box 62-523, Greenlane, Auckland 1546.
Once we receive a complaint in writing, we will write to you to acknowledge receipt of your complaint. Please allow up to 30 days for us to investigate and provide you with a formal response. If it takes longer to provide a response due to complicated circumstances, we will notify you of this. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz). For the avoidance of doubt, you may wish to refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at any time.